Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It Could Be A Long Year...

Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm not ready to jump off the bandwagon yet, and I know Charlie isn't ready to either, but wow. Come on, ten runs? To that offense? Let's get serious.


I couldn't sit or sleep on this one. I have to say something. Naturally, I have a lovely job that occupies the majority of my time during the weekdays. This includes, but is not limited to, the hours ranging from about 2 pm until roughly 9, depending on the day. Having said that, I don't get to physically watch the games, but I do get to listen to the radio. Speaking of the radio, you can't forget to mention Bob Uecker. Ueck is back for his 39th year in the booth as the voice of the Brewers. He is now joined by newcomer Cory Provus, who did a real nice job filling in for the departed Jim Powell, who sold out and went for greener pastures down in Atlanta. Cory sounds a lot like Jim, but Jim will never be forgotten.


Anyway, I got real hot to trot right off the bat in the bottom of the 1st when Suppan gave up a three-run triple to the Jap-American Travis Ishikawa. Then, when the Crew took the lead in the top half of the 4th, I was riding high. Low and behold, what does Sup do, when he gets the lead? He squanders it. Two-run job by Aaron Rowand. Instantly, but temporarily furious after I came to my senses and remembered it was only the 4th inning.


Then we bring in "Big Red" Seth McClung, who, suprisingly, looked lost out there. He allegedly had a great spring and I expect much better out of him. That was a Guillermo Mota performance except, maybe worse. Jorge Julio, another second-rate arm brought in by The 'Stache to help "shore up" the bullpen, gives up a dinger on the first damn pitch he throws of the '09 season to Randy Winn of all the players in the league. That especially got me fired up because I just dropped Randy Winn off my fantasy team this morning, and I'm getting destroyed at this very moment.


When she was all said and done the Brewers laid an egg and got blasted 10-6.


I just vented a bit in this one, but I would like to end it on a positive note as I always do... If we can't win it's okay, as long as the Chubs lose. They did so in the bottom of the 10th, on a Jeff Keppinger broken-bat single. Hey Chicago, what do ya say?

Go Brew Crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment